Saturday, December 17, 2016

DBS Christmas Party: 'Twas the Fairest Night of All!

When members of the Davao Bloggers Society (DBS) get together, it's bound to be one awesome party. And that's exactly what happened during the Fairest Night of All Christmas party last December 3 at the Garden Oases Inland Resort.

It was my first Christmas party with the group and my first costume party as an adult. We were notified about the Disney theme more than a month earlier so there was enough time to think about what costume  to wear and what character to be. I came as Snow White and surprisingly, three generations attended that night (with me as the most senior haha!). But I guess one is never too old to dress like a princess, right?


3 generation of Snow White with their evil Queen stepmom. (Photos by Jim Carlo) 

I chose the classic Disney princess Snow White (although in my mind I never thought about her as a princess) because she was the only female character I found to have short hair. I didn't want to wear a wig hence, that choice. After I decided to be Snow White for the party, I then bought some cheap fabric and had my dress sewn four weeks early (I wasn't excited at all, right?). 

When the day of the Christmas party came (it was a Saturday), rain poured late afternoon and traffic was heavy in the downtown area. But our spirits weren't dampened as the event pushed through. I was one of those who came early at the venue hence, there was still a bit of suspense as I anticipated what others would be wearing.

The DBS gang in their best costumes ever! (Photo by Mr. & Mrs. A) 
It was an awesome night with the Davao bloggers in their Disney costumes. Every one was game and the function room we occupied literally turned into a magical Disney world for several hours. The song numbers and trivia game made the get-together more fun. Kudos to our host Jexx for entertaining us and to all the officers who organized the party.  I must say, it was one of the best I've attended.

Trivia: Snow White may be the "fairest of them all" but she was dethroned that night by her evil Queen stepmom (Pau) who bagged the Best Dressed Award together with the Nutcracker soldier. :)

Sharing with you here my photos with fellow bloggers. Can you guess the Disney characters?


Special thanks as well to our dear sponsors for the support they extended. We all went home happy with our raffle prizes and loot bags.


The year 2016 was a great one for me. One of the reasons was becoming a part of the Davao Bloggers Society and meeting young people who share my passion for blogging. I look forward to more exciting get-togethers with this group.

No comments:

Post a Comment