Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas, A Time To Be Thankful

THANK YOU. These are the two words taught to us early in life and which we should never hesitate to utter when the situation calls for it.

In  my daily life, it has always been automatic for me to say "thank you" even to the smallest gestures of kindness shown to me. Like when a vehicle stops to let me cross the street or when somebody offers to give my money to the driver while riding a jeep. When we experience these acts of kindness, great or small, it makes life a little better despite the challenges that we face.

This Christmas season, we should be reminded that apart from giving love, we also have to be grateful for the blessings we received throughout the year. We give thanks as well for the birth of our Savior Lord Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, who is the real reason for the season.

AirAsia is one with the entire Filipino community in emphasizing the value of having an attitude of gratitude this Yuletide season. So timely is the airline's #ThankYou video campaign as a way of expressing its gratitude to its loyal customers and followers and its commitment to serve the public better in the coming new year. What I love about this video is the fact that it instills the essence of gratefulness among families and teaches kids to practice this trait in their daily lives. Watch the video here to know more.



In my life, I am always grateful to my parents for raising  me to be an independent, God-fearing, compassionate and loving individual. I thank my NANAY, most especially, for being my inspiration, my rock, my angel and the wind beneath my wings.


Now 76 years old, she's a strong woman who has shown us unconditional love and who would go out of her way to be with us when we need her even if it means traveling to a far place like Davao City. She has flown here right on time to be with me when I gave birth to my two kids. And when I'm going through tough times, the mere sound of her voice on the phone is enough to let me know that everything's going to be okay.


If there's one song that I would dedicate to my Nanay, it would be this one by Tyler Collins aptly entitled "Thanks to You."


Actions may speak louder than words but when uttered sincerely, the words THANK YOU are as powerful. They can make somebody's day a little brighter as they are made to feel appreciated for their efforts. So let's not forget to practice an attitude of gratitude every day of our lives and be blessed today and always. Here's to a fruitful 2017!

33 comments:

  1. 2017 says, You're Welcome!
    Thank you for the friendship, amiga.. God bless <3
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankful for our friendship, too! All the best for 2017! <3

      Delete
  2. Airasia is my airline of choice whenever I am travelling from Bangkok to other ASIAN countries. And I do travel every month, and the ASIAN PASS is one of the best offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Rey! All the best for your travel plans this 2017!

      Delete
  3. Thank. You.

    Two simple words that can make someone's day :)

    Just a simple thank you to the cleaner can cheer him/her up. A simple thank you to our family members can strengthen our relationship.

    hanisamanina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Hanis. Thanks for sharing your thoughts & all the best for the new year! :)

      Delete
  4. I too sis thank our Parents! They truly deserve our Big Thank You for what we all have become-children for others and most of all God fearing & loving individuals.we miss our Tatay so much but I know he's in the presence of Nanay guiding her to be in our midst.Thank you & I love you Nanay for being the wind Beneath all our wings!��������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that, sis! Do hug Nanay for me. Miss her & all of you so much! :)

      Delete
  5. So many things to be thankful for! Wishing you more blessings in the year to come!!! Looking forward to 2017! - Yeng

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Yeng! All the best for 2017! :)

      Delete
  6. Yeah I agree with you Terese. Being a mother, a simple "thank you" is enough for me to hear from my children. It's an expression of gratitude that gives me so much joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Riz. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Have a fruitful 2017! :)

      Delete
  7. Yeah I agree with you Terese. Being a mother, a simple "thank you" is enough for me to hear from my children. It's an expression of gratitude that gives me so much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the little things in life that have the greatest meaning that we take for granted, like a simple "Thank You" coming from the heart, like in AirAsia video above -having the attitude of gratitude...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Dan. All the best for 2017! :)

      Delete
  9. When asked,what is the real essence of a woman? My answer is To become a Mother. 24/7, 365days in a year role, no resignation, no days off. The only consolation we have is a simple appreciation from our children. A Prosperous New Year to you and your family Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  10. Amen to that, Beth. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Wish you & your family a fruitful 2017! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really feels good when we thank others and when we are being thanked for. Your nanay is definitely thankful to have you! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Sar. Have a fruitful 2017! :)

      Delete
  12. Cheers to all the Nanays! Happy new year mommy Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to read something like this from my kids.. haha nag assume ako. But we are all good mothers because we were raised by an awesome mom! Happy New Year Mommy Ter..

    PS. Theresa din ako. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Mommy Shine (my tukaya haha)! Wishing you a blessed 2017!

      Delete
  14. Someone once said that saying 'thank you' is more than just good manners; it is good spirituality. Imagine how it'd be like if we all are very appreciative of even the littlest things we have or done to us. Our world, no doubt, will be heaven on earth. Thank you Terai for your unwavering friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I super agree with you, Winks. Thanks for your friendship too and for sharing your thoughts here. :)

      Delete
  15. reminds me how mom's love is walang kapantay <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Elli, a mother's love is for eternity. Have a blessed new year! :)

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a wonderful and grateful woman you are Gurl! I can mirror up myself towards love of mother! :) Thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emman for the kind words. Have a bountiful 2017! :)

      Delete
  18. Tiffany Marie HelicanJanuary 11, 2017 at 4:43 AM

    We live in this world to build relationships...with GOD, with FAMILY, with our SIBLINGS, with FRIENDS, with NEIGHBORS, with CO-WORKERS and practically with anybody. And in these relationships there will always be Love, appreciation, gratitude, understanding, support and care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, Jinks. Thank you for this inspiring message. :)

      Delete