Monday, April 3, 2017

Davao Food Appreciation Tour 2017: Food, Fun & Friends

I've  been living here in Davao City for almost two decades now but I must admit that I haven't tasted all of the famous food here nor visited as many popular restaurants in the metro. I've heard about this Davao Food Appreciation Tour years ago and I thought the participants were so lucky to be able to visit different dining places and taste their specialties in a span of several days.

Well this year, guess what? I finally joined the Davao Food Appreciation Tour (DFAT) 2017 last week and the experience was unforgettable. DFAT is a yearly activity created by the Davao Bloggers Society (DBS) for bloggers and this year, our blogger/vlogger friends from GenSan, Cebu and Manila came over. It is a three-day weekend tour of some of the city's well-known restos and cafes that offer scrumptious food, pastries and drinks.
 I joined Day 1 of the tour but only in the afternoon and evening particularly at the Coffee Grounds and Lachi's Sans Rival. It was my first time to visit these two dining places and I was not disappointed at all. The food there was some of the best I've tasted.

The Coffee Grounds cafe located at Roxas Extension along Boulevard is frequented by students particularly those from nearby Ateneo de Davao University and young professionals. As its name suggests, the place offers varied types of hot and cold coffee drinks and has, in fact, a special machine that can make coffee selfies. As for food, they serve pizza, pasta, tacos, garden salad and egg waffles.


Proof that I was finally able to set foot in Coffee Grounds. 
From there, we proceeded to Lachi's Sans Rival at Marfori Heights for our dinner. Since it was a Friday, the place was full when we arrived (proof that it attracts a great number of diners on a regular basis). We were greeted by the owners who even presented a chocolate cake for the 10th anniversary of Davao Bloggers Society and a special chicken pastel dish cooked only for the bloggers (it's not offered in their menu). 

Some of the great tasting dishes I savored that night were the laing, unforgettable baby back ribs, spicy tofu in coconut milk, Asian spicy chicken, chicken pastel, country chicken mozarella and beef mechado. For dessert, we were presented with a cake buffet featuring different kinds of cakes in different flavors. My favorites were the durian sans rival, matcha cheese cake and brownies.  

The irresistible and delectable dishes served to DFAT 2017 participants.

Lachi's Cake Buffet
Our table that night was perhaps the most entertaining, thanks to these DBS peeps who made me smile the whole time. And of course, I learned more flatlaying skills and info about cameras from these guys. With that said, I could say that my DFAT 2017 experience was truly fun and memorable.
The happy faces of DBS peeps at Lachi's Sans Rival. (Photo by RJ Gonzaga)

The bloggers with the Lachi's owners. (Photo by Davao Bloggers Society)








No comments:

Post a Comment