Monday, January 9, 2017

Just Got Lucky: My 2016 Winnings

The year 2016 was lucky for me. Lucky in the sense that I won several prizes (thanks to the raffles I joined) and gained new friends who have very infectious energy and passion in what they do.

It was in the first half of 2016 that I experienced a winning streak. For three straight months, I won prizes. Although no money was involved, I still feel blessed for all that I received.

If I remember right, my first winning happened in March. There was this summer party event in Damosa with some celebrities as guests and I wanted my teen son to go there because it was a party with DJs providing live music (which he love). I happened to visit an online magazine sort of website focusing on Davao City and it was giving away free tickets via a raffle. I signed up and eventually won one ticket which I gave to my son (supportive mom here). I was glad he had a great time there and even took selfies with celebrities like Sam Pinto and Martin del Rosario.

In the month of April, I also won a prize during the 70th anniversary celebration of Mindanao Times (where I used to work) at the Royal Mandaya Hotel. My name was picked when it was time to give away flat irons (plantsa). Yey!! The major prize that night was a large (forgot the size) flat-screen  TV which Boy Lim (local photographer) won.

Thank you Mindanao Times.  
May was good to me as well. It was during this month of flowers when I won a smartphone (Lenovo 1000). The prize was for a Facebook promo of Western Union that required the posting of one's PanaloKard number in the comment box of their poster. I did not even believe at first the text message I received from Western Union so I really verified from the branch I often go to. It was only when I got a confirmation from them that I believed in my winning. Another yey moment here!!

Thank you USSC-Western Union.
The second half of 2016 gave me more winnings and most of them were courtesy of my DBS (Davao Bloggers Society) family. Our gatherings, whether casual or special, are never without raffles.

So let me enumerate what I got...a P500 gift certificate (GC) from Macho Mucho during the acquaintance party in October,  then a box of Kai Artisan chocolates during the 'Fairest Night of All' Christmas party and a Starbucks Abreeza Mall GC during the yearender get-together last December 29th.

Thank you Davao Bloggers Society & Kai Artisan Chocolates. 
Thanks you DBS & Starbucks Abreeza.


Oh and before I forget, I also got a bag of world-class Malagos chocolates during the Sarangani Bay event at Pepper's Iberica restaurant in November. My lucky number 3 was in the works that day (I was the third to arrive at the venue) and I have always believed the day I was born (August 3) brings me luck...sometimes.

Thank you Sarangani Bay Products & Malagos Chocolate. 
And another prize I got during the busiest yet most wonderful month of December was a golf umbrella from Greenwich during our Pizza Making Camp together with other Davao bloggers.

Late as this may seem but THANK YOU 2016 for a great year. I feel so blessed and I look forward to more fun events (and probably more winnings?) to take place this 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment