Sunday, January 28, 2018

My Skin Origins Pampers The Natural Way

I am pro-organic and I always support products, businesses and campaigns that are eco-friendly. I believe the environment we live in deserves much care and attention now and the least we can do is use products that won't create further damage to our ecosystem.

I'm glad to know that many businesses today are finding ways, big or small, to contribute to environmental preservation. Hats off to those that make health and beauty products using organic ingredients and those that take steps to reduce their carbon footprint.

Here in the city, there's one local business that has gained my support and admiration because of its commitment to creating organic products safe to use by adults who want to maintain healthy skin and body. Its various services also make use of products made from natural ingredients.

My Skin Origins Matina Branch

I'm referring to My Skin Origins which was established in 2013. In its almost five years of existence, this small business has already received several awards such as for its scar remover cream. This particular product has been recognized as the best value Scar  Remover Cream brand by the National Product Quality Excellence Awards for 2013-2014.

Today, My Skin Origins has already two branches - the main one along Jacinto Street and the new branch in Matina beside Ateneo de Davao University.

My Skin Journey

I can attest to My Skin Origins' way of pampering its clients. Last December a few days before Christmas, I had a chance to enjoy a facial at its new branch in Matina and it was worth the trip there. The one-hour session was very relaxing (I almost fell asleep) and the staff assigned to me did a great job in cleaning and massaging my face.

After the mask (the last part of the procedure) was taken off, my face felt very refreshed and when I checked my face on my smartphone, I was super happy with the result. There was no redness at all due to the products used on my face or the procedure. It was just a clean face I saw with its natural glow.



Being acne-prone during my younger years, I've tried all sorts of remedies for my pimples back then. I've used the rice-washed water residue (upon the suggestion of my Aunt) which dries up on your face and becomes a mask. Then there's Eskinol mixed with Clindamycin capsule (you have to open the capsule and pour its content in the Eskinol bottle). And would you believe, I was even tempted to use Chin Chun Su (yes that Chinese facial cream which became a fad in the 1990's) which was really a big mistake.

Now, I am very particular about products that I use on my face. I've undergone cleaning treatments before but they were meant primarily to get rid of my pimples and whiteheads. So that facial I had at My Skin Origins was actually my very first (better late than never) and I'm glad I took the step.

As a busy mom, wife and home-based online worker, I have resolved to take very good care of my skin moving onward. And having a facial on a regular basis is now in my must-do list.

Get updates from My Skin Origins by liking their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MySkinOrigins and by following them on Instagram at www.instagram.com/myskinorigins.

No comments:

Post a Comment