Thursday, March 22, 2012

Time to Relocate

I'm an Ilongga with a Kapampangan blood (courtesy of my Tatay who's from Lubao), born and raised in Iloilo City. I've never moved and lived to a new place for the entire 27 years of my existence until I got married. As such, it was hard for me to leave my native hometown when my husband decided that we make Davao City as our place of residence.

I've gone on trips with my family to other places in the Visayas and Luzon since I was small but relocating to a new city was farthest from my mind. Then the inevitable happened and I had to leave my city and family after I tied the knot. It was a heavy feeling that naturally made me cry.

Before the wedding, I was open to the idea of living in Davao City but I guess when the time comes for you to go, it's natural to feel sad deep inside. My heart felt so heavy that time while I was packing my things with tears running down my cheeks.

But on the other hand, I was also a bit looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life as a wife. It has always been my wish to get married and have my own family and at 27, I felt it was just the right time.

And so we set sail to my new home on board Superferry a few days after the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment