Monday, March 19, 2012

My First Davao Adventure


Davao City is one popular place here in the Philippines. Spanning 244,000 hectares, it is the biggest city in the country.

I first visited the city back in 1995 upon the invitation of my then boyfriend (now husband). Tagging along my Nanay, off we sailed from Iloilo to Davao via Superferry. The trip took more than a day but it was worth it.

This visit was my first in Davao and Mindanao. Never did I imagine I would set foot on this island and make it as my second home. But I guess, it's true that love comes from the most unexpected places.

My first visit in Davao City proved to be a pleasant one as my partner toured us around the place. Our weeklong stay here created good memories. That photo on the right was taken at Harana.

Let's just say I fell in love with the place right from the start. And that includes falling in love with my man, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment