Thursday, November 22, 2018

Where to Renew Your Driver's License and Car Registration

Renewing your driver's license and car/motor registration now takes a short time and can be done in various locations. No need to go to the main Land Transportation Office (LTO) in Quimpo Boulevard. You now have three options depending on where you live or work.

Those in the south can process their renewal at SM City Davao in Ecoland. The LTO branch there has been in existence for years now. Processing time can take as short as 15-20 minutes as per my experience.

Recently, two new LTO renewal centers have been opened. Both are in the northern area benefiting those who live in Lanang, Sasa, Buhangin and Panacan.

The one in Lanang is the LTO E-Patrol specifically located in the Davao Central Warehouse Club (DCWC) building near Damosa. Renewal of driver's license including student permit as well as car and motor registration can be accommodated there.

LTO E-Patrol Lanang (Photo from the LTO XI FB page)

The other newest renewal center is located inside the Gaisano Grand Citigate in Buhangin.

For more information on these renewal centers, you may contact the LTO Regional Office at 226-4141. You can also follow their Facebook page here.

Several years ago, I was fortunate to have renewed my driver's license for the first time at the LTO roving office utilizing a container van in the Buhangin area (just near the airport). The roving office then was stationed for a specific period of time in several areas such as Toril, Buhangin and Samal.

I'm glad to know that the LTO regional office has decided to put up these permanent renewal centers. So if you need to renew your student permit, driver's license and car/motor registration, you should know now where to go.


1 comment:

  1. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. Renew my licence online

    ReplyDelete