Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Chef Boy Logro and His Dynamite Lumpia

I've always loved to cook since I was a kid. I started with baking cookies (together with my older brother) then cakes and then eventually, different kinds of dishes. Back in the day, I would always love to prepare my favorite dishes during special occasions.

When I got married and became a mother, I became fascinated with cooking shows, both local and international. That was when I decided to work at home which gave me an opportunity to watch these shows including the various popular cooking battles. I got to learn about the famous chefs here and abroad which encouraged me to try cooking new dishes that don't take much time.

Chef Boy Logro demonstrating how to prepare his 'dynamite lumpia.'

One of the Filipino chefs that I admire is Chef Boy Logro. I like his sunny disposition when he does his cooking demos and the fact that he makes cooking look fun and easy. I've been wanting to watch his demos here in Davao in the past but never got the chance. Then finally last September, I made it a point to be there at his cooking show at the NCCC Mall for the Sara Pangkabuhayan event. I was even lucky to have had an opportunity to take a selfie with the famous chef.

Meeting Chef Boy Logro during NCCC Mall's Sara Pangkabuyahan event.
Chef Boy was his usual jolly self while demonstrating how to prepare and cook his "dynamite lumpia." The best part was I got to taste his unique lumpia which was really good. I give it two thumbs up. The lumpia was bursting with spiciness (the reason for its name) and had a different twist to the usual lumpia I've been consuming such as the ubod and shanghai. Sharing here the recipe for this yummy dish.



Dynamite Lumpia 

Ingredients:

Lumpia wrapper
Chili peppers (green)
1 can of sardines
Water (for sealing lumpia wrapper)
Garlic
Oil
Sauce (sweet chili or hot chili depending on your preference)

Procedure:

Heat oil in frying pan and saute the garlic and sardines. Then set aside.

Next, slice open the green chili peppers and remove the seeds. Then stuff  each of the chili pepper with the cooked sardines.

Wrap the stuffed chili pepper with lumpia wrapper and seal the end with a bit of water. Then fry the dynamite lumpia and serve.

For the sauce, you can use either the sweet chili sauce or hot chili sauce available at supermarkets or you can also make your own.

Now I have something new to serve my family and I hope you mamshies and wifeys out there will also try this out. I guarantee you, it's delicious and budget-friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment