Saturday, May 13, 2017

Mother's Day Tribute: How I Make Time for Nanay

"It's all coming back, it's all coming back to me now," so goes Celine Dion's song.

Memories of my childhood and growing up years flashed back  recently that kept me thinking how strong my Nanay had been in raising all four of us. Now that I'm a mother myself raising teens, it makes me realize the difficult times my Nanay had encountered back then with four of us to attend to. I only have two kids and she has four yet there were times in the past that I felt I was carrying a burden so heavy. But thanks to her unwavering support and unconditional love, I was able to hurdle those trying times.


It's a blessing to have my Nanay around to still help us in our needs even when we already have our own families. She continues to inspire me with her strength and grace and I hope to follow her footsteps.

It's true that a mother's support for their children is unceasing. They're always ready to lend a hand and ear when we need them. Yet as we grow older and become preoccupied with our jobs and other responsibilities, we tend to take her for granted. While we consider our time precious, we sometimes forget to share it with the most important woman in our life.

This Mother's Day, it's about time that we look back and make time for mom. Here's a timely reminder from Smart Communications.



I'm miles away from my own Nanay who now lives with my sister in Capiz and the most I can do to keep in touch with her is through a voice call whether via the telephone, mobile phone or my sister's messenger or a video chat via Facebook or Skype. I call her at least every week and hearing her voice easily comforts me. Somehow, there's magic in her voice that it can keep me calm and strong especially when I'm having a tough time.

Sharing here this video I made last year as a tribute to Nanay. Happy Mother's Day to all moms, mamas, nanays, inays, mamangs and mamshies with or without partners!

No comments:

Post a Comment