Thursday, March 23, 2017

1st Food Truck Festival in Davao a Huge Success

I've always been fascinated with food trucks. In fact, it's my dream business (if only I have the funds) because I love cooking and making people happy with the food I make.

My fascination with these food-serving trucks grew more when Lifestyle Network aired this series entitled "Eat Street" which features all kinds of food trucks in the U.S. offering delicious and affordable dishes cooked in minutes. There's also "Food Truck Faceoff" on the Food Network that featured two teams that need to present a unique concept for a food truck business with the best team bringing home its own food truck, what else.


And so I got really excited when I heard that the 1st Food Truck  Festival in Mindanao was going to be held in the city as part of the Araw ng Dabaw celebration. I thought it would be great to see trucks selling food in one venue just like in the U.S. and in Manila.


Together with the Davao Blogger Society members, I got to witness the event on its first day at the SM Lanang Premier parking lot. I was happy to see that there were several medium to small food trucks in one area and a lot of food stalls in another area. The ambiance was warm and festive with people young and old (ranging from students, groups of friends to families and couples) feeling excited while checking out the food available at the site. Live music provided by a singer and a backup audio system helped boost the already happy mood in the area.




At nighttime, the place was filled with people feasting on their favorite food or waiting for their food to be served. And that didn't happen only on the first day but throughout the three days of the festival. The last day also featured a dog show, a trivia night as well as a chalk art competition.

There's no denying that the 1st Food Truck festival was a huge success. Congratulations to Manic Nightings Productions and SM Lanang Premier! Looking forward to the next one in 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment